Welcome to the intallation guide of your Kaptors ! You will find a step by step in video or in text just bellow. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to write to us ! Have fun using Kaptors !
New version update : we are working on update this section for the new version. In the meantime you can follow the steps of the first version exept the implementation part. You will find more informations bellow.
What you will need for the installation :
- Some degreasing product ( for exemple some glass cleaner)
- Two dry rags
- Your Kaptors (and the kaptors mounting system if you have it) with the double face tape
- The Allen key supplied in the box
- Two Jack cables Mono : 1/4″ – 6.35 mm
- First you will need to clean the surface were you will put the Kaptor in order to maximise the effectiveness of the tape. to do that, just put a bit of degreasing product on one drag and clean the surface.
- Then, with the second rag or a dry section of the first one, wipe off the traces of the cleaning product, and make the surface VERY DRY or the tape wont hold !
- Once the surface dry, find a good spot for your Kaptors, we recommend to put them arround the middle of the pedal, and on on the outer edges so you can access them more easily. The mounting direction of your Kaptors doesn’t matter.
- Once you’ve spotted the place, fix your Kaptor on the pedal. Press and hold a few seconds.
- After that, with the Allen key, loosen a little bit the screws so you can adjust the hight of the sensor.
- Put your pedal on your bass drum or whatever you use as a bass drum (practice pad…)
- with your hand press your pedal in order to make the beater touch the head of the bass drum. At this point you must see that the pedal is in contact with the Kaptor. If that’s the case, tighten the screw, if not adjust the high of the sensor in order to be in contact with your pedal and then tighten the screw.
New version : we recommend that you install the triggers at 90 degrees to the base of the pedal. This way you can easily access the height adjusting handle and you can adjust the angle of the sensor to match the angle of the board of your pedal.
DON’T HESITATE TO TIGHTEN THE HANDLE VERY STRONG
WARNING : we recommand that the sensor should not be overly constrained by the pedal, it can bring some false triggering.
- Do the same on the other pedal !
- Plug your Kaptors to your drum module using 1/4″ – 6.35mm Mono Jack, set your drum module and PLAY!!
DON’T TRY TO UNSCREW THESE SCEWS !! IT WILL IRRETRIEVABLY DAMAGE YOUR KAPTOR !